Are you thinking it is time to make the investment in window replacement for your Philadelphia home? Here are 7 reasons you might be right.
- Broken glass. This one is a no-brainer, especially if you have a window that has only one pane of glass. That crack is going to cost you money on your energy bills and it is going to let moisture into the walls of your home, which can lead to rot.
- Fogging between the panes. If you have two panes of glass, but there is moisture or residue in between the panes, you will have the same issues as someone with broken glass.
- Broken frames. Often, people who have issues with their frames breaking apart will paint over the cracks. Though this will make them less drafty, it can also make them a danger. Windows that don't open properly can trap you and your family inside your home if a fire breaks out.
- You can feel a draft. Sometimes you won't be able to simply look at a window and see that you have an issue. Sometimes the only way to know that windows aren't sealed properly is by feeling for a draft. Windows that have warped over time can have tiny gaps. If you pay a lot to create heat in your home during the winter or coolness during the summer, the last thing you need is gaps.
- Your energy bills are going up. If you haven't noticed the draft coming in through your windows, you may notice your energy bills going up. When energy bills go up we are motivated to change the way we heat or cool our homes, but replacement windows are often the better way to go.
- Your windows are old. Windows are not made to last forever. Window technology has changed tremendously in the last decade. If you have old windows, you will see benefits from changing out that old tech with some new tech.
- The noise is driving you nuts. Those older, single-pane windows will also do a poor job of keeping the noise out. Newer windows with double or triple panes of glass not only keep the heat out in the summer and the cold out in the winter; they also keep the noise out all year long. In a busy city like Philadelphia, this can really make a big difference. If you're tired of listening to the neighbors or the traffic, new windows can help.
If you're experiencing any of these issues, and you'd like to know what it would cost to have replacement windows installed in your Philly home, drop us a line and we'll have a specialist come to your home and give you a free, no obligation, estimate. At Window Nation, we take the mystery and stress out of getting new vinyl and wood windows. Get your free estimate set up today.