During the summer months many families spend more time outside and away from their home than inside of it. The busy days of summer are coming to an end and the kids are heading back to school. Now that the house has a few less people in it during the day and is a bit quieter you may actually have a few minutes to look around and see what parts of it could use a little TLC!
The professionals at Window Nation want to give you a few ideas for home improvement projects that can be easily accomplished while the kids are at school. These projects will help to make your home more functional and enjoyable to spend time in.
- Painting: Whether it is some simple touch-ups or an entire room the process will go much smoother and faster while the kids are at school. Painting is an inexpensive way to give any space a fresh, new look.
- Replacement flooring: Replacing your home’s carpet with new carpets or hardwood flooring is a great way to freshen up a space. Either completing the project yourself or hiring a professional, it will be much easier to get done when there are less people (kids) in the home.
- Organizing your home: Get into your kid’s rooms and eliminate minimally used toys and clothing and adding organizational units can be done hassle-free while the kids are at school! Other areas of your home that can generally be organized within a day or two include the closets, basement, pantry, and garage.
- Finishing rooms: With the kids are at school it can be the perfect time to work on the areas of your home that need to be finished. Finishing your basement can be done relatively inexpensively and can add much needed living space for your family to enjoy.
- Re-decorating rooms: Back to school time is the perfect time to re-decorate and update an outdated space in your house. New curtains, throw pillows, and an area rug can do wonders for a room’s appearance.
- Re-placing or updating doors and windows: Back to school time may be the best time to schedule bigger home improvement projects. If your windows and doors are older and need to be replaced scheduling the work to be done when the kids are at school will make it less hectic and stressful for you. The professionals at Window Nation would be happy to sit down and help you decide which type of replacement windows and doors are right for your home.
With the kids back to school, it is the perfect time to make necessary changes to your home to make sure that it will be warm, cozy, organized, and well-designed for the next few seasons when more time is spent indoors at home as a family!