This year, make the home improvement fixes that you have been putting off years. Start off small by adding simple touches, such as new accent furniture or replacing existing lighting fixtures. If you’re looking to make major changes, consider replacing your old, drafty windows with new windows from Window Nation. No matter the project size, following our tips to give your home a shake-up will make your home feel like new again:
- Update Paint – Re-paint the rooms in your house for a quick and easy way to make your home feel new again. Popular colors in 2019 include jewel tones, such as rich greens and golds, and muted colors including dusty pinks and blues. If you’re looking for a subtle change, consider adding an accent wall instead of completely repainting.
- Bring in More Light – If your rooms feel dark and dingy, consider purchasing new lighting fixtures to bring in additional light. Look for the Energy Star seal on the products you purchase for maximum energy efficiency. If you’re looking for a bigger change, replace your existing windows with double hung windows, perfect for rooms that face porches or decks.
- Add Color – Make old furniture feel like new again by adding accent pillows or blankets to add a pop of color to your rooms. Room accents in bright colors will make a splash in drab rooms. Consider pairing bright room accents with black and white furnishings for an extra pop.
- Upgrade your Space – If you’re looking to make big changes to your home in 2019, consider replacing your existing windows with new bay windows from Window Nation. Bay windows can change the look and feel of your rooms, creating an inviting reading nook or a unique look into your backyard.
- Add a Backsplash – Your kitchen is one of the most-used rooms in your house, so why not make it fun? Replace old, boring tile with a patterned backsplash for a more modern appearance. Geometric patterns are particularly trendy, adding an interesting pop to your space.
If you feel your home is stuck in a rut, consider making changes to your rooms to make your old home feel like new again. Start off small by adding pops of color and patterns to your existing rooms or make larger changes by replacing your existing windows with bay windows from Window Nation.
If you decide 2019 is the year to replace your windows, our exterior design consultants are here to help with all your window replacement needs. Schedule your in-home consultation today!
Here are the top 3 reasons our doors are a great fit for you:
Security and ease of access
The days of inside-only access to your patio are long gone! Today’s more modern door designs come with top of the line security features including an exterior key lock and a secondary dead bolt. You can enjoy a sliding door which can be accessed from the outside as well as a peace of mind from the extra lock security.
Our 100% vinyl screen frames are designed to last even in the harsh months of Winter. Much like our vinyl replacement windows, these frames are less susceptible to damage and are designed to move smoother in comparison to standard frames. This offers you a smooth, clean look to your home -- a great bonus to the quality.
Saving energy means saving money! Energy.gov shared that a common way air and heat escape the home is through the cracks or openings of windows and doors. Polypropylene is a plastic that is commonly used for microwavable containers and bags made to preserve food. We use the same material in the composition of our doors and Energy Star windows because of its high resistance to heat and moisture. This not only makes our product more robust, but more efficient to keeping moisture and air outside where they belong.
With our sliding, entry, and French doors, you are guaranteed a long-lasting and efficient investment. We offer a lifetime limited warranty should you have any issues with your door, but we are always working to provide the best quality in the market!