The spring season is just a few days away and spring cleaning may be on your mind. Here are a few tips to help you get started on your spring cleaning to-do list.
- Clean Windows: Spring is a perfect time to clean your windows. You can let in nice, fresh air while you optimize the amount of light your windows let into your home. Tip: The best device to use for cleaning your windows is a rubber-edged squeegee. They come in all different sizes and lengths.
- Dust: Dust can definitely pile up after a long winter inside. Spring cleaning is a great time to chase down those dust bunnies. Tip: Use a microfiber cloth to dust your light bulbs.
- Window Blinds: This is also a great time to wash down your window blinds. With all the sunlight coming into your home, this is a great time to check your blinds and wipe them down. Tip: Use a damp (not wet) sponge to get to each individual blind.
- Refrigerator: Take time to clean out and organize your refrigerator before the busy summer months. Start by taking everything out and wash down the shelves and check expiration dates on those items hiding in the back. Tip: Label your leftovers so there is no confusion on who made what and when.
- Carpets: Give your rugs a deep clean. Mud season is almost here and it’s great to get a head start on your carpets. With everyone being cooped up inside this winter, your rugs may need to be deep cleaned before the next season. Tip: Rent or buy a rug shampooer to really get the dirt out.
The number one goal of spring cleaning is to clean your home the way you need it to be. Take the time to write a to-do list the way you need it to be. The above are just general tips. The point of spring cleaning is to give you a fresh start. Organize and clean the way you need to around the time schedule you can maintain, without feeling overwhelmed. Enjoy this season and the warmer weather!