Summer is almost here! This is an exciting time for families to be able to spend more time together. The weather is nicer and there are more outdoors activities available. The kids will be out of school and ready to go for new adventures together as a family. All of this sounds wonderful until after about a week of fun together and your huge list of summer fun is already done. You now have months left with the kids home all the time. What are you going to do with them?
It’s time to do some research, hop on Pinterest, ask your friends and find out what’s going on this summer. We have decided to lend a hand to help you keep your kids busy this summer. Here is a list of 20 great ideas to entertain your kids this summer!
- Help out your community by volunteering somewhere like an animal shelter or library.
- Visit a farmers market and learn about local agriculture. You can also visit an actual farm to see the animals and where their food comes from.
- Set up a scavenger hunt in your back yard. There are many different ways to set this up according to age.
- Have a backyard campfire with S’mores and maybe even a camp out over night!
- Set up a lemonade stand and donate the money to a local charity.
- Make puppets for a rainy day puppet show.
- Plant a garden. Let your kids choose which kind of garden and help them plant it and watch it grow all summer. If you are restricted on space, container garden can be a simple and inexpensive alternative.
- Make a bird house together. Then watch the different kinds of bird that visit it.
- Set up a mini golf course in your driveway.
- Do some star gazing and learn about constellations.
- Bring out a map of the United States and find some fun places to visit. Then map out the ultimate road trip to maybe take some day.
- Visit a fire station to learn about safety and responsibility.
- Plan some time to cook together as a family. Try new recipes. Have your kids pick a few favorite recipes and let them help cook.
- Make up a summer Olympics for your family. Set up obstacle courses in your yard.
- Have a backyard carnival or circus. Have your kids pretend they are the animals. Do some face painting and just have fun.
- Visit a retirement home to spend some time learning a little history and helping others.
- Visit a nearby town for a day. Learn the history and have fun exploring.
- Have a fancy tea party or fun picnic in your yard.
- Make a slip and slide in your yard on the really hot days. Add in some homemade ice cream for an after fun surprise.
- Have a family game night. This is one of my favorites! It’s something you can do once a week. Have a child pick their favorite game and rotate who picks each week.
Summer is a time to enjoy your family and friends. Try not to stress out about making every day extremely special and just enjoy the little moments along the way!
Visit https://www.care.com/a/101-fun-things-to-do-with-kids-this-summer-1305030150 for more fun ideas.