Have you ever heard this? “Hey! You make a better door than a window!” If you’re over the age of 30, you probably have, especially if you’ve ever accidentally stood in front of the television while your dad was trying to watch the Eagles-Steelers game. Well, if you have a window that would be much better as a sliding glass door or French door in Harrisburg, it may be time for some remodeling.
The beautiful thing about your home is that it is yours. You can do anything you want with it–well, as long as Tom Lesser at the Harrisburg Code Enforcement Office says it’s okay. And one of the most cost-effective remodeling jobs you can do for your Pennsylvania home is to turn a window into a door.
Doors offer almost everything a window can offer, and more.
- Unless you’re a certain groundhog, you’re probably desperate to see the Pennsylvania sunlight from time to time. If you need a bit more light in your home, a door can let in much more than a window.
- If you want to be able to open the house up and let lots of air in, a door wins every time.
- If you want to have access to an area of your yard, walking out a door is way easier than climbing out the window. Not to mention you look less guilty to the Harrisburg Bureau of Police.
- If you want to be able to bring large pieces of furniture into your home, new French doors will open up a giant space to move through. Your window can’t compete with that.
But, putting in a door can create some problems if it is not installed professionally.
- A certified installer will make sure that your new doors will be sealed properly, so that you can take full advantage of the latest in energy efficiency. Especially in Pennsylvania where the winter chill can range from uncomfortable to brutal at the drop of a hat.
- Unless you’re taking a ride on the Pride of the Susquehanna Riverboat, you really don’t want to feel a lot of moisture when you’re sitting indoors. A professional will make sure everything is plumb and that there is no way for moisture to get in and cause warping or mold.
If you have a window that you think would make a beautiful location for new sliding glass doors or elegant French doors, look no further than Window Nation for help. With our wide selection of options, colors, textures, and features, we’re like the Broad Street Market of doors. Let our Angi Super Service award-winning team walk you through the processes from beginning to end, and help you get the perfect doors for your Harrisburg home.
You will be absolutely amazed at how much of a difference new doors can make for your home in Harrisburg, and we can’t wait to see the smile on your face. Reach out to us today, and let’s start dreaming together.
When choosing to place new entry doors on your home there are a lot of decisions that need to be made. One of the biggest decisions is what type of material they should be constructed from; the two top choices for most homeowners is steel or fiberglass. The question now becomes what is best for your home? The pros at Window Nation want to provide you with some helpful information about both materials to hopefully aid you in the decision making process!
Whether you ultimately decide to choose steel or fiberglass entry doors there is no right answer; both are high quality materials that create a high quality product that you will be proud to have as part of your home. Choosing which material is right for your home is a personal decision. Listed below is some helpful information from the pros at Window Nation about both steel and fiberglass entry door systems.
Steel entry doors from Window Nation are created using 20-gauge galvanized steel, meaning it contains about 49% more steel than a consumer-grade door; creating a functional door that is beautiful and superior in its durability.
Entry doors created from steel are extremely energy efficient thanks to their polyurethane core, and the bulb and blade door sweep which controls drafts helping to keep you home at a more consistent temperature.
Our steel entry doors have a rot-resistant wood frame and brick mold that is treated with PineGuard™. The window trim is heat resistant and is guaranteed not to warp, crack, or pull away from the door; all these features mean that our steel entry doors are made to last and will last into the future!
For any homeowner security is a top priority, and our steel entry doors come equipped with a 20 gauge security plate, Trilennium™ Multi-point hardware, Legacy™, and a rigid composite lock block. With a steel entry door in place you can sleep soundly at night knowing that your family will be kept safe.
Fiberglass doors are another great option for many homeowners. With high durability and endless glass and style options, there is a fiberglass door to fit the needs of any home.
Fiberglass doors from Window Nation are 5 times more energy efficient than wood doors due to their polyurethane foam core. Fiberglass doors have Tru-Defense® Door Systems; this means that the seal between the door and frame increases the energy efficiency of the door in extreme temperatures and weather (wind and rain).
Just like steel entry doors, fiberglass entry doors are extremely durable and hold up very well over time. This is due in part to the rot-resistant frame which is created through the use of finger-jointed composite ends. Our fiberglass doors are heat tested to ensure that they can hold up in extreme weather and will not become prone to cracking, warping, or swelling. They are also water infiltration tested to ensure that no amount of water will make its way into your home because of an improper seal.
Fiberglass entry doors also help to add to the security of your home. The doors are equipped with a multi-point locking system created from stainless steel which helps to prevent problems with rust and corrosion.
For more information about either an ENERGY STAR rated steel or fiberglass entry door system, contact the experts at Window Nation today. We would be happy to sit down and work with you one-on-one to determine which system would be the perfect fit for your family and home!
Replacing a front door is one of the smartest investments a homeowner can make. Have you considered replacing yours? What is holding you back? Well, here are a few things you may not know about getting a new door. Who knows, you may find that getting a new door is exactly what you need in 2016.
1. That old door could be costing you money. If you have an old door, it might be letting the heat right out. If you could look at your home with an infrared camera, what do you think you would see? Doors and windows are where the most heat escapes from a home. How bright do you think your front door would be? Older doors have less insulation and let the heat pass right through. Plus, when a home settles, it can cause a door to warp. This creates gaps for heat to slip out. Does your home have its original doors? You may find that upgrading will actually pay for itself in energy bills savings.
2. A new door will retain most of its value? Doors are a great investment. That is why many home improvement experts put a door replacement in their top 10 list. Depending on what entry door you choose, you can recoup as much as 80% of the cost at resale. So, why not have a beautiful new front door to greet you every time you come home?
3. Do you have anything valuable in your home? When a door begins to wear out, it becomes more of a security issue. Plus, newer doors have more security features than those older doors, making them a lower risk for easy entry. If you decide to keep living with that old front door, you could find yourself losing more than just a little heat every winter.
4. Are you selling your home? A new front door doesn’t just mean a facelift for your home that you will enjoy every time you return from work, it means more curb appeal. If you’re looking to sell your house in the next 5 to 10 years, that new front door will help you do it faster.
What do you think? Is it time to give your home a stylish upgrade that will retain its cost, save you money on your energy bills, offer greater security, and give you more curb appeal when it comes time to sell? If so, we have good news. At Window Nation, we make getting a new front door easy and fun. You don’t have to go anywhere and you don’t have to do anything, except share your vision with us. We’ll send a specialist right to your “old” front door, and walk you through the process from beginning to end. It is just that simple.
We all have a to-do list – usually a pretty lengthy one, and while some things get checked off fairly quickly, others, well, just don’t. A lot of times as homeowners we put off home improvements that we know should be done. One such thing might be replacing that drafty door. Last winter you felt the cold air coming in around it and promised yourself that in the spring you would get it replaced. Then spring and summer came and went. Now, it is almost winter and you are starting to feel that cold air once again!
While you may be thinking that you have lost your chance to replace that door until spring comes back around, let the pros at Window Nation assure you that you haven’t! We understand how that to-do list can be quite lengthy and that things can get pushed to the bottom. That is why we offer year-round installation services. No matter what the season, we can install new doors to make sure that you and your family will be comfortable all year long!
Window Nation has a large variety of custom energy efficient steel or fiberglass doors that can be designed to meet the style and functionality needs of any home. Along with being able to choose from steel or fiberglass construction you can pick from 75 styles, 35 glass options, and 40 colors and stains, the combinations are endless; and just so you don’t get overwhelmed, our experts are here to help walk you through the entire process making it as stress free as possible!
No matter which material or style that you choose to create your new custom entry door, there is one thing that you can be certain of – drafts will be a thing of the past. All entry doors at Window Nation meet or exceed ENERGY STAR® criteria, meaning that they will save energy, money, and benefit everyone.
After finally crossing off ‘replacing your drafty entry door’ from your to-do list, you will find that not only will your home have a new look, but your energy bill will look better too. You should notice that both your heating and cooling bills will decrease. This means that overtime, the door will pay for itself!
Now that you know all the benefits of installing new entry doors, and that your old drafty door can be replaced at any time of the year- even in the winter, why not cross it off your to-do list today? Call the experts at Window Nation for more information, or to start the process of replacing your drafty entry doors with one of our premium entry door systems!
When thinking about a new door upgrade
for your home, there are some benefits that are obvious. If your current door is warping, chipping, or damaged in some other way, it is easy to wrap your head around how a new entry door will improve your life. If your current door has a frame that is really beginning to show its age, it is easy to see that a new door will provide a lot more security. It also makes sense that your new entry door is going to add a whole new look to the front of your home and make you fall in love with your home all over again. But, there is a benefit to purchasing a new entry door for your home that most people miss.
Do you put plastic over your windows when the temperatures begin to drop? Why is that? It’s to keep the heat in and those sub-zero temperatures out. You also do it because you know that there is a ton of heat going out those windows, especially if your windows are over 10 years old. When heat goes out, your energy bills go up, and the money you were looking to spend on something fun goes right out those windows.
Have you ever heard of anyone putting plastic on their doors? That would make it a little difficult to get in and out, wouldn’t it? But, those doors can be almost as leaky as those windows. Not just around the edges, but right through the wood or steel. If you have old doors on your home, you’re losing money.
Saving money on our energy bills is not what most of us think of as a benefit for putting in a new entry door, but it’s true. At Window Nation, our doors come with a polyurethane core that gives our doors a superior energy efficiency rating. Whether you purchase a steel or a fiberglass door, your new entry door is going to hold your heat in. When you hold the heat in, you hold your money in, right where you want it, in your pocket.
Here are a few more hidden benefits you probably don’t know about:
- All of our doors are tested to withstand heat so that your new doors don’t warp, bend or crack.
- Our frames are rot resistant. That means no service callbacks to fix insect-damaged door frames.
- Our doors have the most advanced defense systems to make sure your home is safe.
- With Window Nation you always get industry-leading service and installation.
If you are ready to enjoy all the benefits of a new entry door, give us a call
. Your Window Nation agent is looking forward to guiding you through the creative process–to make sure you get a custom door you will love for years to come.