With more than 40% of a typical home’s annual energy budget consumed by heating and cooling, the quality of your windows can affect how much you spend keeping your home warm in the winter or keeping it cool in the summer. Higher quality windows have a higher R-value, which indicates the resistance of heat flow through the glass. If you line up several windows of identical size and color at your local home improvement store, you probably couldn’t tell by looking at them which ones would offer better energy efficiency – which is why you need to understand the R-value.
It may be possible to get decent big box windows, but it’s always a good idea to work with an expert replacement window contractor who can provide explanations about each of the windows you are considering. Big box stores don’t typically hire experts who can assist you in the decision-making process, but they will definitely help you fill your cart and make the purchase!
Benefits of Windows With High R-Value
There are many benefits to buying higher quality windows with higher R-value, and all translate to keeping more money in your pocket.
- Use less energy to heat your home due to less heat loss
- Reduced solar heat coming through windows in the summer, making it easier to keep your home cool
- Improved ability to keep temperature uniform throughout all rooms of your home
Another benefit of working with window experts such as Window Nation is the professional installation service you will receive with your replacement window purchase. When you buy windows from a home improvement store, you’ll be installing them yourself. Even if you are generally handy, you simply can’t match the expertise of professional window installers who install windows all day, every day. Along with professional installation, your product and install is backed by a guarantee, so should anything go wrong after the windows are in place – you have someone to call for help. Ever try calling your local home improvement store after you’ve bought something for your home for help? The results are usually not so good!
Window Nation provides free in-home estimates, a variety of window styles and colors to choose from, and a life time warranty on their locally made windows. Buying replacement windows from a big box store might save you some money up front, but the higher quality windows from Window Nation will pay for themselves in a few years. Not to mention the professional installation and life time warranty. Ready to learn more? Give Window Nation a call for your free estimate and find out which windows are best for your home.
Is gardening your life? Even if it isn’t, many of us spend hours in our yard tending to our flowers, ornamentals, and bushes. Why do we do it? The answer is obvious; plants are beautiful. But with gardening season almost over, if you don’t have a greenhouse, you’re going to be spending your time focusing on the plants inside your home. And we can help you get the most out of that time.
How can a window installer help you enjoy your plants all through the winter? Easy. With the installation of beautiful garden windows, you’ll have more room and more sun to do your gardening inside.
Garden windows are perfect for adding more space and light to the interior of your home. With a single garden window in the kitchen you’ll be amazed at how much it will open things up. But more than just adding space, you’ll be adding the perfect place to grow potted plants, flowers, herbs, hanging plants, and even vegetables.
If you want even more space for your indoor garden, you can add more windows. The Angie’s List Super Service Award winning team here at Window Nation will help you design the perfect upgrade for your home.
If you have a green thumb, why let it go to waste? Do some gardening all winter long, and prep some of your outdoor plants before next year’s spring has sprung. There are countless options available for indoor gardens. Many are straight-forward. All you need is an indoor pot, some soil, and a plant. But some are quite exotic, like mixing ceramic, stone, and glass to create tiny, artistic ecosystems. Play with vines. Explore some hanging plant ideas or try something with hydroponics. Your imagination is the only limitation. There are literally millions of inventive indoor gardening ideas out there; and with your new garden windows from Window Nation, you can explore them all.
Add light and life to your home, and give yourself a creative playground to do some winter gardening. With new garden windows from Window Nation, you’ll also be adding quality craftsmanship, energy efficiency, and durability to your home. Our windows are made from strong, long lasting materials that are designed to seal the winter chill out and prevent moisture from getting in.
Get those windows in now so you can enjoy them all winter long. Our agents are standing by to schedule your no-obligation, free, in-home estimate today. Don’t wait to start enjoying all the incredible benefits your new garden windows will bring to your home–and start imagining all of the possibilities. Your adventure awaits!
Have you decided it is time to get new sliding glass doors for your home? Whether you are replacing old glass doors or installing new doors into a wall, there are many issues that can arise. Here are some things that can go wrong if you don’t have a professional take care of your sliding glass door installation.
- It may seem silly, but some do-it-yourselfers accidentally put their new doors in backward. Don’t laugh. This is easier to do than you think. And, if the doors are put in backward, this can significantly compromise the security of a home. But, of all the things that can go wrong, this is the most obvious and easy to avoid.
- Your new doors are going to come with special technology that will prevent loss of heat in the winter time, and loss of cool air in the summer. If those doors aren’t installed correctly, this technology could be wasted by unnecessary leakage. A professional knows all of the steps necessary to make sure your new doors don’t leak. This is not an obvious mistake–it could take you months of higher than normal energy bills to recognize it.
- Water damage can also result from improperly installed doors. If you miss the fact that your energy bills have stayed the same or have gone up, you’re not likely to miss the rot that will happen when water gets in where it shouldn’t be. If mold occurs, this can lead to mysterious sickness in your home.
- When your doors aren’t installed properly, they can stick, squeak, or rattle. There are a lot of measurements required to getting those doors in and a surprising number of ways things go wrong. When you have a professional install your doors, not only is there a good chance that everything will be done right, if something isn’t quite right, they’ll come back and fix it. You don’t have to live with dysfunctional doors.
- Glass doors have glass in them. If that glass gets damaged while installing those doors, you’re stuck with the bill. Professional installation comes with a guarantee that you’re not going to have to pay for a door if it is broken during installation.
- Do-it-yourself projects come with risks. Slips, falls, accidental cuts, stepping on a nail, and other issues can arise. There are a lot of ways to hurt yourself when attempting to install anything.
There are so many things that can go wrong when installing sliding glass doors, but when you have Window Nation install your doors, you can know for sure that it will be done right. All of our teams have a team leader who has InstallationMasters™ certification. That means you’ll avoid costly callbacks, ensure improved energy efficiency, have those doors in fast, and get results you’re satisfied with. Every time.
We don’t like to toot our own horn, but for your sake, we’ll toot it a little. If you chanced upon this article, you might not know that Window Nation is an Angie’s List Super Service Award winner for 2015 or that we are Window & Door’s Dealer of the Year. You may not know that we have an A+ rating with the Better Business Bureau or that Window Nation is ranked #9 in the top 10 list of largest remodelers in the United States. If you don’t know that Window Nation has the best customer service and highest quality products in our extensive service area, you may choose another company and have less than desirable results. This hurts both of us. We don’t get to add you to our long list of satisfied customers; and you might have issues with your new doors, windows, or siding in the not too near future.
Here are a few more benefits of choosing Window Nation
- Free estimates. We make it easy right from the start. You don’t have to jump through a bunch of hoops or pay us to do an estimate for your new siding, windows, or doors. We’ll send a highly educated agent to work up an estimate for free.
- In-home estimates. Many companies choose to cut some corners by handling your renovation questions over the phone. While this can be done effectively in some cases, we’ve seen more success with in-home estimates. It is hard to give you the best bang for your buck without seeing your home first hand. Our specialists need to know important details about your home in order to provide money saving suggestions that will help us fit your renovation into your budget.
- Large selection. At Window Nation, we have a ton of windows, doors, and siding to choose from. You don’t have to wonder if you’re going to find the perfect products.
- We are a manufacturer. Window Nation isn’t just a seller and an installer, we also manufacture many of the products we sell and install.
- Guarantee. Since we are a manufacturer, we can offer an incredible Lifetime Plus guarantee for the products we manufacture.
- Installation you can trust. All of our service teams have a lead installer who is a factory trained Installation Masters™ Certified Installer.
- Service after the sale. We won’t leave you hanging. It takes a dedication to customer service to earn the awards we mentioned above.
Are you considering new windows, doors, or siding? Remember all the many benefits of choosing Window Nation. If you’re in our service area of Northeast Ohio, Washington D.C., Maryland, Pennsylvania, Delaware, New Jersey, or northern Virginia, Window Nation is the best choice. Every time!
Are you handy with your hands? Are you the one who takes care of all the repair projects around the house? Do you have a workshop full of tools? If you do, you can probably handle putting a door or some windows into your home. But, while there are certainly benefits to doing it yourself, the drawbacks may make you change your mind. Take a moment to look at this quick list of issues that can pop up after an installation.
- If you’re thinking about doing a door or window installation yourself, there is a good chance you know how to take care of all the measuring needed to get those windows in place and make sure the door isn’t slanting. But, mistakes can still happen, and when they do, you might have to rip it all apart and do it again. When you have a professional install that door or those windows, they are going to make sure it is done right the first time. Why? Because time is money. And, at Window Nation, we make sure every team has a factory trained installer that is certified through the InstallationMasters™program.
- Your new windows and doors are likely to have special features that make them more energy efficient, but to take advantage of those features, those windows and doors have to be installed correctly. All it takes is a tiny gap to allow cold air to escape during the summer and warm air to escape in winter. A professional will check and recheck to make sure everything is sealed properly.
- A proper seal is also important to keep water out. When water or moisture leaks into your walls and gets into your windows, many problems can arise. A professional installation will ensure the safety of your home’s equity and the longevity of those windows and doors.
- Not all problems are obvious. Water and moisture do more than create rot inside your walls, they can also create mold. And this is the type of issue that can lead to mysterious health problems in your home for years.
- When you put doors or windows in, mistakes can happen. If the mistake is a dented door or a broken window, you’re going to have to absorb the cost. With a professional installation, the risk of damage is very, very low. And in the rare and unfortunate event of a damaged product, we will absorb the costs.
- Accidents can happen. When you climb around all day on a ladder, you have a risk of hurting yourself. When you have a pro take care of the installation, you don’t have to worry about any of that.
If you’re thinking about new windows or doors for your home, let our certified installers take care of the installation for you. Not only will you not have to deal with any of the issues mentioned above, but those new windows and doors will often be installed in a single afternoon. And that might be the best reason of all.
Get fast, safe, and courteous installations, every time, with Window Nation.
There is something about natural light that is far more valuable than simply serving as a source of light. Sunlight brings warmth to a chilly day. When outside, a moderate amount of sunlight provides your body with vitamin D; inside, sunlight creates a cheery atmosphere and improves the mood almost instantly.
Many older homes do not have adequate lighting because of poor window size and type, causing homeowners to consider replacement windows. In addition to allowing proper amounts of natural light into the home, quality windows drastically increase the efficiency of the home both in summer and winter. Proper selection of window glass controls ultra violet rays making it easier to heat the home in the winter and cool the home in the summer.
Window Nation provides the best windows available today, giving homeowners a great selection of quality products. However, no matter how good a product may be, the effectiveness and efficiency hinges on the window being properly installed. At Window Nation, much emphasis is placed on the installation process. The team leader of each group of installers is a factory trained Installation Masters Certified Installer. The goal of Window Nation is to not only to replace your windows, but to provide a totally stress-free replacement window installation experience. Your installation team leader will do a walk through with you as soon as they arrive, explaining everything that will be done during installation. The team leader will communicate with you, the homeowner, to see if there are any requirements or special needs. Much care is taken during the entire installation to ensure that your home looks as clean is it was before installation began.
In addition to your window being a top quality product, extensive research has been done for all materials used during the installation of the windows. Only the most premium grade caulk and insulation is used during the install. All material is also approved by the manufacturer of the windows. Quality installation materials reduce warranty call backs and eliminate voided warranty from inferior materials.
Upon completion of the installation of your replacement windows, the Window Nation team will do a final walk-through with you to ensure that the job is completed to your satisfaction. The final inspection will also include a double-checking of the cleanliness of the home. Each team takes great pride in their work and in the condition in which they leave the home. The last thing the installation leader will do prior to leaving is answer any questions you may have. The manner in which the windows operate will be thoroughly explained as well as how to clean the windows. For all your replacement window needs, consider contacting Window Nation today and enjoy the ease of installation.
We think it does. In fact, we are so convinced that it does, each one of our installation
teams is led by a factory trained Installation Masters™ Certified Installer. This national, 3rd-party certification ensures that our teams are up to speed on the most advanced installation techniques available, on all established industry standards, and on the best practices for accomplishing a successful installation. What does this mean for you? A stress-free process, and windows you can enjoy, and rely on, for years to come.
Years to come?
Yes. When we say you’re going to be happy with your new windows, we mean it. We offer one of the most comprehensive warranties in the industry, especially on the windows we manufacture in house. All windows we produce come with a “Lifetime Plus” warranty. What does this mean? Your entire window, glass, vinyl, and labor is covered for as long as you own your home (and an additional 15 years for the next homeowner). But, we couldn’t provide this kind of warranty if we didn’t have complete confidence in our installation teams.
So, superior window installation really does matter.
There is nothing worse than realizing the windows you had installed a few years back are starting to stick, or worse, letting water into the walls of your home. Poor installation isn’t always apparent when the job is done. More often than not, it is a few years down the road when you begin to realize the job wasn’t done right. Our Installation Masters™ Certified Installer will make sure the window has a thorough seal and all measurements are correct. This guarantees a sound product for year to come.
During the process, it is necessary for team members to come into your home. It matters that we employ trustworthy and polite installation professionals. And, when our team is done, you can expect that they will thoroughly clean the job site and make sure that everything is left the same as they found it.
Not only is it important to have certified and professional installers, it is vital to have a detailed and professional installation process. Our team leaders make sure all best practices are followed, including a final inspection with you, our customer, to ensure quality and complete satisfaction.
So, what do you think? Does superior window installation matter?
If you think it does, let Window Nation make sure your investment is protected and that those new windows continue to be the perfect addition to your Philadelphia home for years to come. Get connected through our contact page and one of our agents will be happy to get you started.
There are a lot of great parks in Philadelphia, but at the end of the day, we still live in a city–which can sometimes feel like a concrete jungle. That is why a lot of Philly residents have had garden windows
installed. These are windows that extend outside the walls of a home and offer a place for plants to live and flourish. If you’re considering a garden window for your home, here are some ideas to help you use that new space.
- Let’s talk plants. Obviously, this is a good place for potted plants to grow, but you need to make sure you get the right plants. Some plants do well with a lot of sunlight and others do not. If you’re new garden window is on a side of your home that gets light all day long, you’re going to need to make sure your plants can handle that. If your garden window will be on a shaded side of your home, you can grow finicky plants that need a delicate balance of light and moisture, but it doesn’t matter what you decide to grow, plants add life to any room, and make the concrete jungle feel a little less–well–concretey.
- There is something else you can do with all the light that a garden window will bring into your home: you can put glass items in that window space. Things like, glass figurines, twinkling crystals, an assortment of glass bottles, or some other collectible item. These sparkling treasures will add a magical quality when the noon day sun hits your new garden window just right.
- Where there is sun coming in through glass, there is also heat. Your new garden window will be the perfect place to do something fun, like making a jar of sun tea. All you need to do is sanitize a jar, fill it with fresh water and some tea bags, and place the container in the direct sunlight for 2 – 5 hours. When it is done brewing, stick it in the fridge to chill. You get a tasty beverage and, if you put your tea in a pretty glass container, you also have a beautiful decoration in your window garden that glows a brilliant amber as it sits in the sunlight.
- The space in your new garden window can also be used for just that–space. You can create a spot for soap, detergent, sponges, or other objects you use in your kitchen, and free up space on your counter tops.
When you’re ready to get a new garden window installed, give us a call
. At Window Nation, we have earned a reputation for superior craftsmanship and superior installation that has made us one of the nation’s top remodelers, based on national rankings. Let us help make your new garden window the perfect addition to your Philly home.
Windows in a home are an absolute necessity on many levels.
- They allow sunlight in.
- Windows add style to the home.
- They provide for easy viewing to the outdoors.
- Proper selection and placement of windows adds resale value to the home.
Consider the fact that old worn-out windows can be a detriment to the efficiency
of the home. Most homeowners are very energy-conscious, wanting to reduce the costs of heating and cooling their house. No longer is a homeowner’s interest in replacing windows
just for the purpose of adding style to the appearance of the home. Undoubtedly, energy efficiency becomes the number one motivation for choosing new windows.
Several key factors have everything to do with the end result of improving the efficiency of the home. Things to consider when shopping for replacement windows still include style and design; however, choosing the right frame is a choice that requires much thought. The type of glass is also huge in determining how efficient those new windows may be. Finally, quality installation cannot be over-emphasized. A number one quality window still must be properly installed if it is going to improve the efficiency of the home and lower the costs of heating and cooling.
This entire process of replacement windows can be overwhelming to most homeowners. You can see why more than 40,000 have contacted Window Nation to take care of this much-needed improvement in their home. Window Nation not only offers premium windows, but highly skilled and licensed professionals install them. When you choose Window Nation, you are also covered by one of the most comprehensive product, service, and installation warranties in the entire industry. That is piece of mind!
Your Window Nation representative will guide you through the many choices and types of windows to find the perfect style for your home. You will then learn about the various window glass options to further increase efficiency. When contacting Window Nation, you have the strength of a company with an impeccable BBB rating. You receive the strength and experience of a family owned and operated company that delivers honesty and integrity with every sale.
Finally, you will know you have chosen the right company for replacement windows when the installers arrive. Each installation team includes a factory trained InstallationMasters Certified Installer. Upon completion of installation, the job site is thoroughly cleaned and you, the customer, are then taken on a final walk-through to make sure you are completely satisfied. You can now enjoy the beauty and efficiency of your new Window Nation replacement windows.
In this age of YouTube videos and Home Improvement television you may be tempted to say, “I can do that!” After all, the folks on HGTV make it look easy, don’t they? But, before you buy yourself some power tools and get out the #2 pencil, you may want to ask yourself a few quick questions.
Will it be seen? Before you decide to tackle that job, you need to decide if you have the skill set to get it done right, and whether or not it matters if it is done right. Building some shelves in the closet is probably not a big deal, most people won’t see those anyway, but if you’re looking at installing replacement windows or entry doors, you may want to consider getting a professional to make the end result match up with your expectations.
Will it cost me more to do it myself? Many home improvement jobs require skills and expertise. You may know how to use a jig saw, but do you know how to use it like a pro? If you cut wrong, measure wrong or finish wrong, you could end up with undesirable results. It can end up costing you more to get it fixed than it would have cost for the pros to do it from the beginning.
Do I have the expertise? There are some jobs you can do yourself and save some money. Most people can figure out how to paint some walls properly, but most home improvement projects require experience and the proper tools to do it right. If you don’t know whether or not you can tackle a project, ask a professional at your local hardware store. If they raise their eyebrow when you explain what you intend to do, you might want to rethink doing it yourself.
Could this cost me money over time? Some projects end up costing you thousands over a long period of time. If the job could allow heat to leak out of your home or the cold to get in, you might want to make sure it is done right. This is especially important when dealing with window or door installations.
Can I hurt myself? About 170,000 people go to the hospital every year because of ladder-related issues alone. When you consider collapses due to improper handling of load bearing walls, tool malfunctions, electrical shorts, and other unexpected disasters, this number becomes significantly higher. All it takes is one mistake and you could be paying out thousands in hospital bills.
Before you tackle your next door or window installation, talk to a professional and see if you’re really saving yourself money by doing it yourself. Plus, isn’t your life busy enough? Leave the installations to the professionals at Window Nation. In the long run, you’ll be glad you did.