Most homeowners are looking to save money any way that they can. One of the easiest ways to do so is to increase the energy efficiency of your Philadelphia home. Using less energy while completing daily tasks and while heating and cooling your home can lead to an increase of cash in your wallet. To help you get started the pros at Window Nation want to give you some easy ways to make sure that your home is running as energy efficiently as possible. Not only will these tips help to save you money they will also allow you to save on resources and help to lessen your environmental footprint. Energy saving tips for your Philly home include:
- Replacing older windows and exterior doors in your home with more energy efficient ones. Older windows and doors tend to be drafty and will allow your home’s cool air out during the summer months and warm air out during the winter months.
- During the day when the sun is at its warmest shut your blinds and curtains in order to help keep the heat of the sun out of your home.
- Place green house plants around your home especially in front of windows; this will help to naturally cool down the temperature of your home.
- When running appliances like your dishwasher and washer make sure to run on full loads only. Running small loads wastes a lot of energy.
- When the weather is warm outside take advantage of an outdoor clothesline to dry your clothes.
- Unplug appliances and other electronic items when they are not being used.
- Place lights on dimmers and timers so that they automatically turn off when they are no longer needed to be on.
We hope that these tips have given you some easy ways to conserve energy and your hard earned paycheck. For help replacing your Philadelphia windows, doors or siding contact the professionals at Window Nation. Our pros will be able to help choose which type and style of replacement windows or door is best for your situation and home. Once you have made your choice, our experts will come and complete the installation quickly and efficiently allowing you to start saving both energy and money sooner rather than later!