Benefits of Energy Efficient Windows for Your Home
When thinking of replacing your home’s older windows with new energy efficient windows
, the task can seem overwhelming. Which style of window, why energy efficient windows, color, price, and type of glass are all decisions that will need to be made. But with a little bit of information and help from the professionals at Window Nation you will see that the process is actually fairly simple. Choosing to replace your home’s windows with energy efficient windows is a great way to benefit you, your home, and your bank account!
There has been much advancement made in window technology and the difference in energy efficiency between windows produced only 10 years ago as compared to today is astounding! Window Nation wants you to understand why when you replace your windows that you should replace them with ENERGY STAR® rated energy windows. Listed below are just some of the many benefits to choosing energy efficient replacement windows for your home.
- Energy efficient windows lower HVAC costs by reducing the highest levels of both heating and cooling that your system needs to maintain.
- Energy efficient windows reduce annual heating and cooling bills.
- They reduce the amount of UV sunlight that enters into your home that can fade items like furniture, rugs, and wall art.
- Energy efficient windows have warmer interior glass surfaces that help to reduce frost and condensation that may form on them.
- Glass technology in energy efficient windows is similar to that found in the glass that is used to create car windshields. Increasing the safety of the windows found in your home.
- New windows can provide the benefit of an overall energy efficient home.
Now that you know why you should choose ENERGY STAR® replacement windows for your home, we want to answer the questions how. How energy efficient glass works to benefit you and your home so well. There are generally three main components to energy efficient glass that can help to explain how it performs so well. The three components of how energy efficient glass works include:
- Super Spacer Systems- This system is created from 100% polymer structural foam. This foam works to efficiently block the heat escape path and provide you with superior thermal performance.
- Laminated Glass- Laminated glass windows are constructed with three panes of glass and work to block up to 99.97% of UV rays. This protects you and your family, along with your possessions.
- Argon Gas- Argon gas is inserted into the open spaces, located between the panes of glass. The gas works to reduce noise and helps to reduce heat loss.
For more information about the how and why of energy efficient windows or for help choosing which energy efficient window system will suit you and your home’s needs best, speak to one of our professionals today! Or, if possible, stop by and visit one of our showrooms located in Cleveland, Charlotte, Northern Virginia, Maryland or Washington D.C.