Replacement Windows: How Are They Installed?
WINDOW INSTALLATION MATERIALS
YOU’RE INVESTING IN NEW WINDOWS
You want them to keep the bad stuff out – cold, heat, wind, bugs. Great windows are only great if they’re installed properly. It’s critical that all the pieces that go into your new windows work together – insulation, caulking, sealants, and the window itself.
There is only one “system” of installation materials in North America that is specifically designed to be compatible with the window, with your house, and with each other; it’s called WINTeQ. Window Nation used it on every one of the more than 39,000 windows we installed last year.
So trust your home to the best, and read on for more in-depth information about the materials we use.
WINTeQ Low Expansion Foam
WINTeQ™ TeQ::Foam™ window and door foam is a single-component, minimal expansion and low pressure polyurethane foam. It is specifically designed for use with the WINTeQ ™Window Installation System. In most types of construction projects, it is the ideal foam for sealing:
- Voids around windows and doors
This foam exhibits very little expansion during the application process and cures upon reaction with moisture to form a flexible, urethane foam. The closed cell structure of this material provides an R factor of 5 per inch of cured foam making it an efficient method for stopping air and moisture infiltration and expensive warm and cold air loss between windows and rough frame. This low pressure foam will not warp or deform windows and doors. Contact us today to learn more!
SUPERIOR WINDOW CAULKING AND SEALANTS
Utilizing superior materials during the installation of your new windows is crucial to insuring your new windows are installed correctly and will withstand the punishing year round weather. Failure by any installation material is not an option, which is why we only utilize the best materials available. We actually research and test any materials we use for over a year before we will use them in the field because we know the final installation is only as good as the weakest component of the installation.
OSI® QUAD® Window, Door And Siding Sealant
OSI® QUAD® Window, Door & Siding Sealant is a unique multi-polymer formula specially engineered for premium replacement window installations. The benefits of this sealant are:
- Permanently flexible, will not crack or split even in extreme temperatures.
- Superior adhesion characteristics.
- Recommended for use on vinyl, aluminum, steel, wood (includes cedar and redwood), fiberglass, fiber cement board, masonry and concrete.
- Water-resistant, all-weather application, sticks to wet surfaces, no water washout.
- No tooling required, sealant will self-tool into a concave shape.
- Resists dust and dirt pickup.
- Paintable with oil or latex-based paints.
- Excellent UV resistance; will not crack or yellow.
OSI® H2U Window, Door And Siding Urethane Acrylic Sealant
OSI® H2U Window, Door & Siding Urethane Acrylic Sealant is a high performance sealant designed for the siding and window industries. This superior urethane formula has better adhesion, flexibility and durability than most sealants and cleans up easily with soap and water. H2U dries to a gloss sheet. Cured sealant is paintable and will resist surface mold and mildew.
- Qualifies for LEED® building certification points.
- Water-based formulation is non-flammable, non-toxic and has an extremely low odor.
- Ultra Low VOC content, low odor, ideal for interior applications.
- Permanently flexible - will not harden, crack or separate over time.
- Resists surface mold and mildew.
Easy water clean-up, paintable.
Quality Edge No-Mar Coil Systems
No-Mar coil systems outperform vinyl, PC and poly coil finishes in the ASTM Physical Performance Standards, Pencil Hardness, MEK Rub and old Impact tests. What contributes to its superior performance? No-Mar coil features a finish with 8 mls.s of paint; that's twice the amount of paint used by most trim coil manufacturers. The results: your custom trim components retain their quality finish while being formed and installed and last longer.
With NO-MAR Q5000™ TruCoil, you can count on Scratch Resistance, Stain Inhibitors, Better UV Protection and Harsh-Climate Coating. NO-MAR TruCoil has 76% of the strength of carbon steel at 52% of the weight with built-in corrosion resistance.
- Strength to Weight Ratio - No-Mar coil systems have 76% of the strength of carbon steel at 52%of the weight.
- Built-in Corrosion Resistance - Resisting atmospheric and chemical corrosion, No-Mar coil presents itself better with on ultra-thin, super hard, transparent layer of aluminum oxide.
- High Tensile Strength - No-Mar coil boasts a tensile strength of 32,000 PSI.
- Outstanding UV Protection - The damaging effects of prolonged exposure to the sun's UV rays can cause premature fading, irregular discoloration and even hinder a material's ability to perform its intended function. With the unique properties you get over 4 times the UV protection than PVC coil.
- Stain Resistant - Trees, oils, sale spray and pollution are just a few elements that can stain and damage your home's exterior. The stain inhibitors in No-Mar protect your home from all of these and more.
- Color Selection - Available in 30 unique color choices