This year, make the home improvement fixes that you have been putting off years. Start off small by adding simple touches, such as new accent furniture or replacing existing lighting fixtures. If you’re looking to make major changes, consider replacing your old, drafty windows with new windows from Window Nation. No matter the project size, following our tips to give your home a shake-up will make your home feel like new again:
- Update Paint – Re-paint the rooms in your house for a quick and easy way to make your home feel new again. Popular colors in 2019 include jewel tones, such as rich greens and golds, and muted colors including dusty pinks and blues. If you’re looking for a subtle change, consider adding an accent wall instead of completely repainting.
- Bring in More Light – If your rooms feel dark and dingy, consider purchasing new lighting fixtures to bring in additional light. Look for the Energy Star seal on the products you purchase for maximum energy efficiency. If you’re looking for a bigger change, replace your existing windows with double hung windows, perfect for rooms that face porches or decks.
- Add Color – Make old furniture feel like new again by adding accent pillows or blankets to add a pop of color to your rooms. Room accents in bright colors will make a splash in drab rooms. Consider pairing bright room accents with black and white furnishings for an extra pop.
- Upgrade your Space – If you’re looking to make big changes to your home in 2019, consider replacing your existing windows with new bay windows from Window Nation. Bay windows can change the look and feel of your rooms, creating an inviting reading nook or a unique look into your backyard.
- Add a Backsplash – Your kitchen is one of the most-used rooms in your house, so why not make it fun? Replace old, boring tile with a patterned backsplash for a more modern appearance. Geometric patterns are particularly trendy, adding an interesting pop to your space.
If you feel your home is stuck in a rut, consider making changes to your rooms to make your old home feel like new again. Start off small by adding pops of color and patterns to your existing rooms or make larger changes by replacing your existing windows with bay windows from Window Nation.
If you decide 2019 is the year to replace your windows, our exterior design consultants are here to help with all your window replacement needs. Schedule your in-home consultation today!