Have you decided it is time to replace those old, drafty windows? Are you wondering when is the best time of year to get that job done, or worried that you waited too long and now you’ll have to wait till spring? Well, we have good news. At Window Nation, we can install windows any time of the year. We use materials that can be installed in extreme weather conditions, even the frigid cold! But, each season comes with advantages and disadvantages that you’ll want to consider when deciding what season will work best for you.
It may seem like the end of fall and throughout winter are horrible times to get your windows replaced, but the truth is, some people prefer winter, especially when they get their windows installed by the certified installers here at Window Nation. Here are a few things you should know about last fall, winter, and early spring window installations.
- No matter how cold it gets, our team knows how to get the job done with minimal discomfort to the people living in your home. When you have a professional Window Nation installer putting your windows in, it isn’t going to take very long. You’re not going to have to worry about a big hole in your wall sitting there for days. Your new windows will be in before you know it! And, there are many options for keeping the cold out while the work is being done. Depending on the project, it may only be necessary to close an inner door to keep the cold in just the one room. If it is a larger space, or a room that can’t be sealed off, a heavy blanket can be draped to contain most of the cold to just the area near the window.
- Our team works fast, but it is important to point out that cold weather and excessive snow can slow things down a little bit, or cause obstacles that must be worked around. While we do everything we can to make winter installations as fast as possible, there are definitely complications that can creep in and make them a little slower than summer installations, but not so slow that you should live with your leaky windows this winter. If you do have to deal with a little cold for one day, all of the money you’ll save on your energy bills for the rest of the winter will totally make up for it.
- A big concern many people have is how well caulking and adhesives are going to perform. When you have your windows installed by a certified Window Nation installer you have nothing to worry about. They know what products and adhesives to use for every season. You can be sure that they will get the job done right no matter how cold it is outside. So, you don’t have to wait till spring to start enjoying the heat saving benefits of replacement windows. You can get them installed perfectly, right now.
- Fewer people get window replacements during the cold seasons. If you’re the type of person who doesn’t like to wait, the cold season is the best season! Even though we’re able to effectively install windows in winter, most people aim toward the warm season to have this project done. You can use this to your advantage.
Late spring, throughout the summer, and early fall are great times to have windows installed, but this is when most people have replacement windows installed. If you don’t mind competing a little bit to schedule a date to have your windows put in, here are a few of the things you should know about warm month installations.
- Warm months are great because they are warm, right? Well, the warmth can put some people off to having windows installed, especially if it is the middle of the summer. It isn’t as easy keeping the hot out as it is to keep the cold out. Why? Because hot is often accompanied by humidity. Fortunately, the ease of access that warm months provide makes warm month installations even faster than cold month installations, and your installer will have those windows in fast.
- Some people worry about heavy rains or thunderstorms keeping them from getting their windows in. This is definitely something to think about in the warm season. Rain can cause window installations to be harder to schedule, but scheduling early can help to avoid the complications foul weather can throw into the mix.
Spring, summer, fall, or winter, you can count on Window Nation’s expert installers to get your windows installed right. Reach out to us today to schedule your free, no-obligation, in-home estimate, and let’s get your installation on the calendar!