Rick Smith Jr. Dazzles at Window Nation
WINDOW NATION PROMOTES
At Window Nation, we are always working to be the most environmentally responsible "green" company possible. It's our goal to install the most energy-efficient products available today because we recognize the value this brings to you and our environment. We strive to save energy, safeguard the environment and reduce our carbon footprint. This is one big step toward helping decrease America's dependence on foreign countries for oil and other resources.
More than 95% of our products are ENERGY STAR® qualified. That means that you save money by spending less on home energy, AND power plants don't need to burn as much fossil fuels to warm and cool your home.
Our best selling replacement windows and door systems are made of vinyl; a sustainable, environmentally friendly material that lasts for decades and doesn't emit toxins. Building products made from other materials, like wood, would seem to be more of a green choice, but are much less energy efficient than vinyl. They also break down many times faster than vinyl, which means they need to be replaced more often, requiring more "manufacturing" energy consumption.
Our windows are custom made by two of the largest manufacturers in the industry, who are also continually working to ensure that their facilities and processes are friendly to the environment. We make every effort to reuse and recycle as much as feasible. By purchasing windows and doors from Window Nation, you are making your home more energy efficient and comfortable and you are doing your part to safeguard our environment for future generations.
DID YOU KNOW?
- A majority of the vinyl windows installed over the past 25 years are still in use. And, at the end of their useful life - like all vinyl - they can be recycled.
- Our replacement windows reduce electricity usage. A study conducted by Franklin Associates found that using vinyl over alternative framing options saves the US nearly 2 trillion BTUs of energy per year - enough to meet the yearly electrical needs of 20,000 single family homes.
- Vinyl can be reprocessed and recycled repeatedly. Scrap is routinely recycled into other vinyl products. In fact, 99% of the vinyl used by processors goes into a finished product.
- More than 8 million pounds of window profile waste is diverted from landfills annually thanks to successful buy-back programs initiated by window manufacturers.
- If every household in the U.S. replaced their existing double-pane windows with our windows, the annual savings would be 45.5 billion kWh/year. That's enough to light every household in Washington, DC for 94 years!
- If each of the 70 million windows (in 3.5 million households) installed this year in America were ENERGY STAR qualified windows instead of non-qualified windows, the total annual savings would be 73.5 million therms per year and 1.36 kWh/year or 3 billion pounds of CO2. The lifetime savings would be 60 billion pounds of CO2. This is the equivalent of removing more than 5.2 million cars from the road for one year.
WINDOW NATION AND OUR SUPPLIERS GO THE EXTRA MILE!
We make every effort to incorporate ecological well-being throughout our corporation. Our list of "green choices" continues to grow as we close the gap between going green and being green! Here are just a few ways we are working together towards a better environmental footprint:
- All scrap vinyl at the factory is recycled
- Scrap which cannot be reused at the factory is sold to a company which reprocesses it into other materials (such as pipe or plastic applications)
- We recycle as much of your debris as possible
- We use many biodegradable materials during the installation of your new windows
To learn more about Window Nation and the window, door and siding options available in our showrooms in Cleveland, Columbus, Washington D.C., Baltimore, Harrisburg, Pittsburgh and Philadelphia, please contact us today.