Replacement Windows: How Are They Installed?
DOUBLE HUNG REPLACEMENT WINDOWS
Our more popular replacement window option, double hung windows are engineered using state-of-the-art multi-million dollar robotic equipment.
REPLACEMENT WINDOWS ARE OUR MOST POPULAR MODEL
Engineered using state-of-the-art multi-million dollar robotic equipment, Window Nation’s double hung replacement windows are designed to make rooms more comfortable and save money by lowering energy bills.
While most companies only have one double hung window to choose from, Window Nation carries several premium models, including wood double hung windows. Every double hung window is made with full fusion-welded frames and sashes and comes with dual operating sashes that tilt in for easy cleaning,
They also feature at least two panes of thermally insulated glass and a technologically advanced warm edge spacer system, 100% uPVC virgin vinyl, fiberglass screen and a lifetime manufacturer’s warranty*.
- Many windows have insulated frames and a warm-edge spacing system, which is up to 90% better than other systems.
- Improved performance of argon and krypton gas-filled IGUs and Low-E glass.
- Reduced conductivity and total window U-value (heat transfer).
- Top and bottom sashes tilt in for easy cleaning.
- Industry leading Air Infiltration Rating - 0.08 cfm/ft.
Special formula uPVC never needs painting, makes cleaning a snap, and prevents scratching or denting.
Soft White vinyl frames and sashes feature an exceptionally smooth, clean surface that keeps your windows looking beautiful for decades.
Integrated lift rail makes your window easy to open and close.
Energy Star qualifed U-factor.
Features of Double Hung Windows
Standard, on select models, is the ultra-easy, Stainless Steel Constant Force balance system that makes operating and cleaning your windows easier than ever. This innovative design in window operations offers you performance and durability, superior to anything else on the market today. The CFBS allows the sashes to be operated with only 22 pounds of pressure, compared with 50 pounds or more with the old spiral balancers. You'll enjoy a lifetime of unparalleled window performance as this new system exceeds a 10,000-cycle test. Rugged, quality materials, such as stainless steel, make our CFBS excellent for any climate.
Two concealed limit latches, specially designed to allow you to ventilate your home, are standard on all of our double hung windows. Most windows, depending on the width, will receive two security locks for extra protection and tightness. All windows also come standard with double or triple weather stripping, plus up to two interlock systems to give you twice the air leakage protection.
Stop by your local Window Nation showroom in Cleveland, Columbus, Baltimore, Washington, D.C., Harrisburg, Pittsburgh, or the Philadelphia/Delaware Valley, to learn more about our double hung windows, or fill out our online form to receive a free pricing estimate!
*Limited lifetime warranty will vary by manufacturer and may provide exclusions. Window Nation carries window models from several manufacturers and all warranties are available upon request
FLEXSCREEN - EVERYTHING YOU WANT A SCREEN TO BE
Tired of scratched paint, broken hardware and worst of all, bent aluminum? FlexScreen* offers a unique PVC-coated, high-performance spring steel frame that won’t scratch, bend or break, no matter the conditions. Simply hold the screen, bend in the sides and slide FlexScreen into the screen track. No attachment hardware needed! It really is that easy. Don’t believe us, watch this quick video.
*FlexScreen is only available on double hung windows, Georgetown, Ultraview, and Barrington models excluded
AVAILABLE OPTIONS FOR DOUBLE HUNG WINDOWS
- ENERGY STAR® qualified Low-E glass systems, available in five different Low-E and inert gas configurations help keep your home energy bills low and comfort levels high.
- Multiple color choices including white, beige, brown and wood grain laminate colors available.
- 'Oriel-style' design provides asymmetrical sash size configuration that gives you a larger viewing area in one of the sashes.
- Flat or contoured internal grids-in traditional colonial, prairie, and diamond patterns give your windows the look of divided lites. You never need to clean them because the grids are between the glass.
- Beautiful etched and V-grooved decorative glass patterns will give your home a touch of elegance and its own distinctive character.
- Obscure glass patterns offer privacy and beauty, while allowing in light.
DOUBLE HUNG VINYL WINDOW COLOR OPTIONS
Interior / Exterior
Standard Exterior Colors
And many more!
Exterior Foil Laminates
Call Today for More Information
GLASS OPTIONS FOR YOUR HOME WINDOW REPLACEMENT
We offer several styles of home window replacement glass, including highly energy efficient triple pane, super spacer to reduce heat loss, and low-e glass designed to block solar glare. A Solarban coating, which blocks virtually all UV rays so furniture won't fade in the sun, is available for all windows. Our technicians will talk you through the process and recommend a glass package that will protect your home and withstand the climate.
Ultimate Triple Pane