“What kind of windows should I buy for my house?” This question can spark your imagination to run wild - change can be exciting and replacement windows are a great investment for your home! Replacing old windows can give your home a new style and statement. Upgrading from older windows to new energy efficient windows can also save you money on your heating and cooling bills. There are various replacement window options and window replacement companies to choose from, but it can be confusing to look at all the options and choices available to you. That’s why we put together a cheat sheet of the things that you’ll want to consider and some resources to help you decide how to choose replacement windows for your home.
Homeowners have many different replacement window options. Choosing the right replacement windows for your home can seem overwhelming at times. Here are some helpful tips and topics to consider on how to choose replacement windows for your home.
There are a variety of window styles to choose from. Some of the most popular are:
- Double Hung - A popular option, double hung windows slide up and down and most tilt in for easy cleaning.
- Sliders - Similar to double hung windows, but these slide horizontally.
- Bays - These windows make a strong statement and add glamour to any room
- Bows - Similar to bays, bow windows have gradual curves not sharper angles, adding beauty to your home.
- Garden - This option provides the perfect place to showcase plants, grow herbs, or simply add sunlight to any room.
Here, you’ll want to look at the window’s efficiency rating. A windows’ efficiency performance is measured by its U-factor. U-factor is a measurement of the window’s ability to move and conduct heat. The lower the U-factor the less heat transfers from outside your home to the inside in the summer months, thus keeping your home cooler. And, the lower the U-factor the lower the amount of heat transfers from the inside of your home to the outside in winter months. The U-factor is a great way to compare all types of replacement windows, no matter what material they are made of. Learn more about energy efficient replacement window options.
- Vinyl windows are energy efficient replacement windows that come in a variety of styles (double-hung, venting, sliders etc.) to suit your home and budget. Click here to discover the best vinyl windows for the money.
- Window Nation’s wood windows pleasing to look at, are energy efficient, and easy to clean.
- Fiberglass windows are made of a fiberglass composite that offers superior strength and the ability to withstand the elements.
Proper Installation of Replacement Windows Is Crucial
Proper installation of your replacement window is a key factor to their future performance. If you buy the best, most energy efficient window and it isn’t installed properly, the performance of the window will decrease rapidly. Another thing to watch out for: If the windows are not installed correctly, it can sometimes negatively affect your window’s warranty. Window Nation only uses experienced, dedicated window installers, meaning their only task is to install windows. Click here to learn more about window installation completed by Window Nation and see why we are considered one of the best window replacement companies.
Window Nation’s replacement windows are ‘made to order’. When you choose Window Nation, you don’t have to worry about whether or not your windows will fit. We take measurements and create the exact window needed for your home. This custom fit ensures a tight seal around the window and makes sure that the energy efficient benefits of choosing replacement windows make the biggest impact.
Still struggling with how to choose replacement windows for your home? Window Nation can help you answer any questions you still have. If you’re ready to bring in new windows to change the overall look and feel of your home, call Window Nation. Besides the aesthetic improvements replacement windows bring, you can rest assured that your new replacement windows will help keep the temperature inside your home comfortable and constant and decrease your energy bills! For more information on replacement windows, the installation process, or to learn more about how Window Nation has become the best window replacement company, please click here to complete our online form. You can also give us a call (888) 988-7083.