This is the time of year when the birds are chirping, the grass needs to be mowed and the sun is shining! It is also the time of year for spring cleaning. That’s right, spring cleaning to declutter and deep clean your home after a long cold winter of being cooped up. A task that is on most people’s check-list is to clean the windows. And while this isn’t a difficult task, there are some steps that should be followed to ensure that your windows come out crystal clear!
- Window cleaner of your choice. Either a cleaner found at a big box store or a homemade (vinegar and water) solution.
- 3 clean microfiber towels or cloths. Do not use paper towels as they can leave streaks and fibers behind.
- Using your first clean cloth, remove any dust and larger pieces of debris from the window and window track.
- Liberally spray your window with the cleaner of your choice.
- Using the second cloth wipe down your window.
- Take your third clean cloth and wipe down your window once again to completely dry and polish the window.
- If you are going for the gold medal of clean windows use a crumpled piece of newspaper and wipe down your window one last time!
While spending time cleaning your windows this spring, if you notice that the windows in your home could use an upgrade, contact the experts at Window Nation. We offer many different types of replacement windows to choose from including wood windows, vinyl windows and fiberglass; along with many different styles like double hung, bay, sliders or venting.
At Window Nation we have over 35 years of experience and provide thousands of window installations each year giving us the experience and knowledge needed to handle any situation in a friendly, professional and efficient manner. Our technicians have the training and background to answer any of your questions and help you to decide what system and style of replacement window will work best in your home.
Now serving New Jersey, Delaware, Pennsylvania as well as our service locations in Virginia, Maryland and Ohio!