Spring is finally here and Baltimore residents are happy to get some of those long awaited to dos checked off their list. Do you have some spring cleaning to do around your home and property? It can be exciting to finally get started! But after a long winter where do you start? Winter’s storms can wreak havoc on Baltimore homes.
Let us start inside your home with a few basic tips to start your spring cleanup!
- Check and change the batteries in your smoke detectors and carbon monoxide detectors.
- Flip, switch, rotate or remove your old mattress. This can make a real difference in your sleep habits.
- While you are at it, wash those pillows. There is nothing quite like a fresh bed to fall into at night.
- Dust, dust, dust. Who knew that dust could accumulate so quickly? Get out the duster and freshen up all of those knick-knacks and cupboards.
- It’s time to take a look at your kitchen. Re-organize and get things just the way they should be before summer is here and everyone starts coming over for cookouts.
- Maybe things are not quite warm enough outside to start the garden. No worries start a small herb garden inside in your kitchen window. This can really help spice things up in the kitchen.
- Has your basement gone to storage over the winter? It’s time to clean it out, donate a few items or have a yard sale. Get that space back and air it out!
- We all know spring is mud season. Cleaning your carpets as soon as it’s over will help transition into summer.
- Wash those windows to help let in the light. Prepare your AC while you are at it. Things are starting to heat up out there with all of that sunshine.
Now let’s take a look outside!
- How about we start with that beautiful deck. Let’s clean it off and get ready for the summer months. Are you wondering how your plants are doing after all that cold weather? Take a look, see what needs to be removed, rearranged and replanted.
- Now is a great time to put up window boxes for future flowers.
- Are you lucky enough to have a pool? Go out and check how it survived the winter. See if there is any maintenance needed.
- Get your hoses ready for that beautiful summer garden.
- If needed you can fertilize your lawn in the spring months to help ensure it grows strong and green all summer.
These are just a few starter tips to get you in the spring cleaning mood. At Window Nation in Maryland we want you to have a productive and happy spring. Another great way to freshen your home this spring is with quality replacement windows in Baltimore. At Window Nation we are experts in this area and we even offer window installation services to ensure the job gets done right the first time!