Have you decided it is time to replace those old, drafty windows? Are you wondering when is the best time of year to get that job done, or worried that you waited too long and now you’ll have to wait till spring? Well, we have good news. At Window Nation, we can install windows any time of the year. We use materials that can be installed in extreme weather conditions, even the frigid cold! But, each season comes with advantages and disadvantages that you’ll want to consider when deciding what season will work best for you.
It may seem like the end of fall and throughout winter are horrible times to get your windows replaced, but the truth is, some people prefer winter, especially when they get their windows installed by the certified installers here at Window Nation. Here are a few things you should know about last fall, winter, and early spring window installations.
- No matter how cold it gets, our team knows how to get the job done with minimal discomfort to the people living in your home. When you have a professional Window Nation installer putting your windows in, it isn’t going to take very long. You’re not going to have to worry about a big hole in your wall sitting there for days. Your new windows will be in before you know it! And, there are many options for keeping the cold out while the work is being done. Depending on the project, it may only be necessary to close an inner door to keep the cold in just the one room. If it is a larger space, or a room that can’t be sealed off, a heavy blanket can be draped to contain most of the cold to just the area near the window.
- Our team works fast, but it is important to point out that cold weather and excessive snow can slow things down a little bit, or cause obstacles that must be worked around. While we do everything we can to make winter installations as fast as possible, there are definitely complications that can creep in and make them a little slower than summer installations, but not so slow that you should live with your leaky windows this winter. If you do have to deal with a little cold for one day, all of the money you’ll save on your energy bills for the rest of the winter will totally make up for it.
- A big concern many people have is how well caulking and adhesives are going to perform. When you have your windows installed by a certified Window Nation installer you have nothing to worry about. They know what products and adhesives to use for every season. You can be sure that they will get the job done right no matter how cold it is outside. So, you don’t have to wait till spring to start enjoying the heat saving benefits of replacement windows. You can get them installed perfectly, right now.
- Fewer people get window replacements during the cold seasons. If you’re the type of person who doesn’t like to wait, the cold season is the best season! Even though we’re able to effectively install windows in winter, most people aim toward the warm season to have this project done. You can use this to your advantage.
Late spring, throughout the summer, and early fall are great times to have windows installed, but this is when most people have replacement windows installed. If you don’t mind competing a little bit to schedule a date to have your windows put in, here are a few of the things you should know about warm month installations.
- Warm months are great because they are warm, right? Well, the warmth can put some people off to having windows installed, especially if it is the middle of the summer. It isn’t as easy keeping the hot out as it is to keep the cold out. Why? Because hot is often accompanied by humidity. Fortunately, the ease of access that warm months provide makes warm month installations even faster than cold month installations, and your installer will have those windows in fast.
- Some people worry about heavy rains or thunderstorms keeping them from getting their windows in. This is definitely something to think about in the warm season. Rain can cause window installations to be harder to schedule, but scheduling early can help to avoid the complications foul weather can throw into the mix.
Spring, summer, fall, or winter, you can count on Window Nation’s expert installers to get your windows installed right. Reach out to us today to schedule your free, no-obligation, in-home estimate, and let’s get your installation on the calendar!
This is an important question. For sure. In fact, it is so important, it is one of the questions we get asked the most. The reason is obvious. Who wants to start thinking about a big remodeling project if the cost is going to be way beyond what is feasible. We get it. You want a ballpark figure. You want an estimate. You’re not asking for a detailed answer. But, at Window Nation, we’re all about the details. There are a lot of questions that must be answered when buying new windows. Some are obvious, such as size, quantity, and type. But some are not so obvious. Some have to do with style, aesthetics, and room lighting. Some bring into account your tastes and your past home improvement selections. Some focus on your specific needs in a way that will maximize your budget to get the biggest improvement for the amount you have to spend. There are a lot of details, and those details can all affect the cost that we quote to you. So, it is important to us that we get all of the details right. Here’s why:
A LOT CAN GO WRONG
If we get the measurements wrong on your window installation, your new windows aren’t going to seal properly. And, when your windows don’t seal properly, you’re going to know it. That’s why we measure our windows down to 3 millimeters, and all measurements are checked, rechecked, and checked again. The devil is in the details. There are details involved in choosing the right windows, as well. There are different types of windows, manufacturers, features, frames, installation requirements, and more. We want to get it right. We would rather send a certified specialist to you for a free, no-obligation, in-home estimate, than give you a quote over the phone. Only a design consultant is qualified to give you an exact price, and in order to give you that exact price, it is vital that they meet you in your home. We don’t want to drop the ball or overpromise and underdeliver. That wouldn’t be good for you. And it wouldn’t be good for us.
The last thing we want is to come short of your expectations. We want you to be completely satisfied with your purchase; so satisfied that you want to tell your friends and family how happy you are with your purchase; so satisfied that you’ll want to post a great review and help other folks get connected to the best window installation available. And, we know that as soon as we give you a price, you’re going to hold us to it. We understand. We’re like that too. When a price is put on the table, it is hard to not make it a part of our expectations. But, if we don’t meet those expectations, it will leave you feeling less than happy with your purchase. We don’t want that. And we’re sure you don’t want that either.
Giving you a price on windows without seeing them first is a lot like a doctor diagnosing an illness without examining the patient in person. There are a lot of details that can be missed when a doctor doesn’t meet with a patient face to face. And, in the end, their diagnosis will only be a guess, and there is a good chance that guess is going to be wrong.
THERE ARE RULES
We are members of the Better Business Bureau, and they recommend that we always give an exact price. In order to stay in high standing with them, and to make sure we always do right by you, we offer free, in-home consultations. These consultations include a detailed inspection of the area where the windows will be installed, so that we can give you an exact price, down to the penny, for exactly what you need. What you do with this information is entirely up to you. There is no obligation to buy.
When quotes are exact, there is no room for misunderstandings. And, when there are no misunderstandings, there is a greater chance that we’ll have a happy customer. At Window Nation, we’re all about making customers happy.
If you’d like to be a happy customer, reach out to us today, and let’s get started.
At Window Nation, we custom build every window to fit the exact specifications of your home - just the way YOU want them. No stock size windows, irregular windows or windows that were made for someone else's home. And because you're not settling for a product that's just sitting around in a warehouse collecting dust, the price of our windows varies based on several variables, such as:
- Material - choose from high-grade vinyl, fiberglass or low-maintenance aluminum-clad wood
- Style - choose from double hung, sliding windows, casements, awning windows, hopper windows, bay or bow windows or special shape windows
- Energy Efficient Glass - choose from double and triple pane glass options available with argon or krypton gasses. Several security glass options like laminated and tempered glass are also available
- Interior finish - choose from 7 different interior color and woodgrain colors
- Exterior finish - choose from 30 unique exterior colors or have a color custom created to match exactly what you are looking for
- Grids/Muntins - including a variety of styles in standard and custom patterns
- Installation - there are over ten different ways to install your new replacement windows
Over 2,000 people each year choose Window Nation because our pricing is extremely competitive and our selection of products is unsurpassed. Unlike most companies who only carry one window, we offer three windows (good, better and best) which helps us to fit each person with the window that best matches their needs and budget.
It's easy to find out the EXACT price for the right windows and doors for your home. Our expert consultants will be happy to provide you a free, no-obligation consultation and estimate by contacting us here
, calling us or visiting one of our local showrooms
HOW MUCH WILL I RECOUP ON MY INVESTMENT?
Are you planning some home remodeling projects this year? Have you ever wondered "is that home improvement project really worth it?" If the answer is yes, you just might be surprised what return some projects may yield! One home improvement project that yields a high return on investment as well as saves you money on your heating and cooling bills and freshens the look and curb appeal of your home is replacing your old, drafty windows! Can you guess how much return you'll receive? Click here to find out!
If you want more information on how we can help you with your old windows, warped doors or outdated siding, give us a call.
Maybe you vowed to go to the gym every day after work, or finally check off the items on your home improvement to-do list this year. The start of a new year is an ideal time to make goals, and most of us go into the year with the best of intentions – but then life happens. That’s where Window Nation can come in and rescue your goals for giving your home a new look and improved energy efficiency with new windows!
Is Replacing The Windows Worth The Investment?
Installing replacement windows can seem like a lot of effort and expense, and some homeowners wonder if it’s really worth it. You know it will give your home a facelift and really improve the overall appearance of your home, but is that enough? There are many benefits of installing replacement windows that you may not have thought about, including:
Improved interior and exterior appearance
Increased energy efficiency and energy savings
Increased comfort indoors
Increased home value
It takes about four hours to install a replacement window. If you’re thinking about installing replacement windows throughout your home, you may simply be pressed for time and unable to complete your goal. That’s how Window Nation can come to the rescue! We can install the windows for you and help you reach your home improvement goals for improved appearance and help you save some money on your energy costs.
How Much Can I Save With New Windows?
ENERGY STAR qualified windows like those offered from Window Nation can lower your energy bills. In a typical home, you’ll save between $126 and $465 per year when replacing your single-pane windows, and between $27 and $111 a year over double-pane, clear glass replacement windows.
Increase the Value of Your Home
Curb appeal and an updated home are important to improving the value of your home. If you should decide to list your home for sale, having new windows is a selling point for many buyers who would not want to buy a home with aging, less efficient windows. Plus, having new windows simply makes your home look nicer, which will attract potential buyers.
Window Nation would love to help you reach your goals for home improvement this year by installing replacement windows in your home. Whether you’re looking to improve the appearance, home value, or increase your home’s energy efficiency – replacement windows are a great investment.
Choosing to replace your homes windows is a big commitment, Window Nation understands this and wants to do everything we can to help make the entire process from start to finish is as stress-free and easy as possible! As a homeowner you know that placing plastic over your windows every winter is not the ideal way to keep energy bills down and your family warm, but you are also unsure if replacement windows are in the budget. That is where we come in, Window Nation provides a no-obligation, free in-home estimate to help you understand the process and know up front exactly what the investment will be.
At Window Nation, we want you to replace your home’s old drafty windows, not because we want to make a buck, but because we know that the many benefits really do outweigh the initial investment. Some of those benefits include:
Keeping warm air inside your home in the winter and hot humid air out in the summer.
Reducing the amount of natural resources your family uses.
Providing better security – new windows that lock correctly will help to keep you and your family safe inside of your home.
Helping to reduce the overall cost of your energy bills.
Increasing the curb-appeal of your home.
Our experts will walk you through the entire process to assure that replacement windows are what you need and want. During the visit they will inspect your windows to let you know the specific windows in your home that need replacing the most. Our experts are going to also get exact measurements and sit down with you to explain in detail all of the many style, material, and color options available – while always keeping your home’s unique budget in mind.
When scheduling your free in-home estimate from one of our experts we encourage you to make sure that the time you choose allows all owners of the property to be present. The benefit of choosing Window Nation to replace your home’s windows is that we offer many options to ensure that you are getting exactly what you want and need. It makes the entire process go much more smoothly when everybody is on the same page from the very start and it also helps to make sure that there are no surprises for anyone once the windows are installed!
If you are ready to improve your home and replace your home’s older windows with new stylish, functional, eco-friendly replacement windows, contact Window Nation today to get the process started and schedule your in-home free estimate!