Pros and Cons of Vinyl Replacement Windows
When you think about replacing the windows on your home with new vinyl windows, what comes to mind? If you’re like most people, nothing comes to mind. Why should it? All you know is that you want something that will replace those old warped or broken windows, and you want something that is going to add to the beauty of your home. But, even though we manufacture all of our vinyl windows with multi-million-dollar robotic systems, and guarantee the best quality available, we understand that vinyl replacement windows aren’t for everyone. So, here are the pros and cons of getting vinyl. You decide.
- Lower energy bills. This material keeps its shape when temperatures heat up or cool down. That means they’re not going to warp and lose their seal. We also use the highest quality materials in our windows and give options for triple pane glass to resist heat transfer. If you’re looking to have windows that will save you money on your heating and cooling bills, vinyl is the way to go.
- Easy maintenance. There is no beating vinyl when it comes to easy maintenance. These windows swing out, flip down, and pull out for fast easy cleaning. If you’ve ever tried to clean third story windows, you know how great this feature is.
- Durable. Once again, resistance to heat and cold is what makes this material shine. As the years pass, vinyl windows will hold their shape.
- Fewer options. Even though we offer more of a selection than most window companies with 5 different window options, 10 different glass options, and over 50 color options, there really is no competing with wood when it comes to variety. If you’re looking for a specific style of trim, vinyl may not be right for you.
- What you have is what you have. If you’re the kind of person who likes change, vinyl may not be the right fit for you. Unlike wood frames, most vinyl is not paintable. That means you’re not going to be able to mix things up every few months like you can with wood.
When you need durable windows that will save you money on your energy bills, are easy to clean, and will give you decades of reliable use, vinyl is the way to go. At Window Nation we make the choice even easier by giving you a wide option of colors and features to fit your vision, and your budget. Take a look at our double hung, venting, sliders, bays, and bows and see which of these styles fit your needs–or custom order a specialty shape for a picture window or unique opening. We’ll work with you to get the perfect windows that you’ll be happy with for years.