Window cost is one of the most important factors when considering window replacement. Searching for the best replacement window company to fit your needs can be daunting. With so many different companies offering similar products at different prices, how do you know which is the best choice for you?
The first step to help get a sense of your project budget is to assess your goals with window replacement accurately.
When replacing windows, homeowners are typically looking to update their homes, repair damaged windows, or improve energy efficiency. In many cases, the goal is to accomplish all those things.
Regardless of if you need to fix one window or plan to replace an entire house of windows, advances in replacement window technology guarantee an improvement in energy efficiency.
If you live in an older home (+15 years), replacing all your older windows can be beneficial on a couple of fronts. Replacement windows can increase your resale value. New windows are a great selling feature and can add a lot to the improved appearance of your home or curb appeal. Also, there is a cost-saving due to energy efficient technology. Replacement window technology has made significant strides, and savings with your heating, and cooling bills can be impactful.
Are you repairing glaring issues such as condensation, damaged sealant, or broken windowpanes for a select number of windows? If the goal is to fix a few or even one window, you may want to consider replacing all on the same level. Ultimately, replacing multiple windows will be the most cost-effective solution. This is true for both energy bill savings and overall project costs.
Next to cost, the credibility of the window replacement company is equally important. Do your research on window styles and features and read the reviews. Home improvement is an investment and it’s important to select a company that gets it right the first time.
Unfortunately, there is no “one-price-fits-all” cost for replacement windows from Window Nation as all our windows are custom-made, causing the price of the windows to vary from project to project. The price of your windows is determined by:
- Material – Window Nation offers wood and vinyl windows in a variety of styles for your project.
- Style – Choose from a variety of styles, including double-hung, bay and bow windows, sliders, venting, and casement windows. Be sure to consider your home’s layout and needs before selecting the style of window you want.
- Finish – Finding the perfect finish for your windows is just as important as selecting the material and style. Choose from seven different interior and woodgrain colors and over thirty exterior colors to perfectly match your home.
- Installation – Installation fees often influence the cost of replacement windows. While installing the windows yourself might be cheaper, trusting a team of professionals to your project will save you the effort that comes with DIY projects. Our certified master installers will ensure your project gets completed accurately and on time.
- Size of the Project – The larger the project, the higher the cost. If you’re looking to replace at least ten windows, consider splitting the projects into two smaller projects to keep costs lower. Replace only the most urgent windows first, then consider replacing other windows.
If you’re interested in receiving quotes from multiple window companies, keep in mind the price promoted in advertisements may not reflect the total cost of the windows. Many companies will use deceptive advertising to make prices appear lower than they truly are. Companies may offer windows at a lower rate; however, you may ultimately pay for a lower quality window that won’t last as long as a replacement window from Window Nation.
If you’re looking to replace your windows, skip the showroom and have our exterior design consultants come to your home to discuss the best options for your replacement project. Our design consultants will offer three different options to help you choose the best windows for your budget. The quote you receive will last for one year, but there’s no pressure to buy on the spot. For more information about the cost of replacing the windows in your home, schedule an estimate today.