Spring is officially a day away! What better way to celebrate than with a good spring clean! It’s time to rejuvenate your home. Let in some fresh air. Put away those winter clothes and say goodbye to snow. This is an exciting time of year, especially after a long winter. As the temperatures start to warm up, you can snow shovel for a garden shovel. Now’s the time, before the craziness of summer, to come out of hibernation and clean out your home. Take this time to reorganize your space, donate some items you no longer need and get your home back in shape for a fun spring and summer season.
Here are 5 tips to get you started on your spring cleaning spree:
- Wash those windows! It’s time to let the light in. Giving your windows a good wipe down is a great way to start your spring cleaning. While you clean them, you can let in some fresh air. Use a rubber edged squeegee to prevent streaks and let in the best amount of light.
- Deep clean your rugs! Rent or buy a rug shampooer to give your rugs a much needed deep clean. This is especially nice after the whole family has been stuck inside for months. You may be surprised at how much dirt is hidden away in your rug (especially if you have pets).
- Clean out your refrigerator! It’s time to take everything out of your refrigerator and wipe down the shelves. Rotate old and new items and check expiration dates. This may be a good time to start labeling leftovers so everyone knows when it was made.
- Organize your cleaning supplies and closet. This will set you up for success in your everyday cleaning routine. Have a bucket ready with weekly cleaning supplies ready to use. Use hooks and spring loaded clips to hook brooms and mops to the wall in your broom closet. Also, hang common tools within reach, like a hammer, flashlight and screwdriver.
- Organize your entryway for your family’s practical use. Make a common place to hang keys. Have a place to set the mail as well as a spot for boots and shoes. Bring out the spring attire and prepare for mud season.
These tips are just to help you get started. Spring cleaning should be customized to your home and family’s needs. Keep it fun and have the whole family pitch in and help.