With the arrival of spring, along with it comes that dreaded task we unlovingly refer to as ‘spring cleaning’. It’s that one time a year when we dare converge on each and every corner, nook, and cranny to seek out each particle of dirt, dust, or grime and be rid of it. We even dare venture into those basements, attics, and storage closets that have hardly been touched since last year’s spring cleaning day to see what items we can dispense of that we just couldn’t live without 365 days ago. Once all of these are checked from the list, we pull out the big ladder from the back of the garage and begin the most dreaded task of all – window cleaning! It has got to be the most time consuming and difficult job; especially if you still have those old-fashioned windows that can’t be pulled down or out for easy cleaning access, but that’s not even the worst part. That honor is saved for that moment when you have finally finished scouring all of those panes outside and tuck away the ladder only to discover upon entering your home that you left thousands of streaks behind to obscure your view! Ugh!
One of the best ways that I know of to save yourself from the ‘worst part’ moment this year is to use newspapers. That’s right! Newspapers! Simply mix a solution of 50/50 water to white vinegar. Spray the mixture onto your windows and wipe with a dry cloth. Follow that by wiping the panes with a crumpled up newspaper. Believe it or not, your windows will be so streak free and crystal clear that you will need to install stop signs for the neighborhood birds.
Seriously, if you are still living with those old, difficult-to-clean windows, stop by Window Nation and see how affordable it can be to replace them with new double hung windows for energy saving efficiency, easy access, and stress-free cleaning. Our windows are custom made in our local facility using state-of-the-art robotic technology to ensure the perfect fit in your home every time. We have several styles, materials, and glass options for you to choose from to match your style and preferences. Just think about it; you will never have to pull out that ladder to wash the outside of windows again!
Besides, we offer a no risk, no pressure, and free estimate simply by requesting one at the top of our windows webpage. What have you got to lose? Well, except those streak filled ‘worst part’ moments this spring and all the springs to follow!
Summer is coming to an end and fall is not far off. Is your home ready for the cooler fall months? Fall is a busy season for most families with kids going back to school. Preparing your home for fall can be one of the last chores on your to do list. Fall is a great time to get some of these home maintenance chores accomplished. Take a minute and look around your home to see what you might need to do to prepare for fall weather. Things are getting cooler, leaves are changing colors and getting ready to fall, your home’s landscape is changing greatly. Is your home ready for this change in weather?
Here are three helpful ideas to get started preparing your home for fall:
- Clean windows: The end of summer is a great time to clean your windows before it gets too cold out. Some windows are even easier to clean from the inside because they flip in so you can clean them from inside your home.
- Clean out gutters: Cleaning out your gutters at this time of year is essential. It prepares your gutters for the leaves that are coming. Fall is a big time for leaves to fall. Cleaning your gutters out before these leaves fall helps you get a head start on your gutter maintenance. This will help to prevent them from getting clogged over the colder months. If your gutter clogs, it could freeze and create water and moisture build up in your walls.
- Do some general lawn/landscape maintenance: This is a great time to do some general landscaping maintenance around your home. Your lawn could use some extra seed and fertilizer to make it through the colder months. Your garden could also use some extra fertilizer to help root growth. This is a great time to trim and prune shrubs before the colder months. Taking care of your lawn and gardens before the colder months will help you have an easier spring.
These are just a few things you can do to prepare your home for fall and the colder weather. For more information and help accomplishing this maintenance, contact your local lawn care professionals today. Preparing your home for fall can seem like a very daunting task. Getting help with this task from a professional can make all the difference. Get your home ready for fall and don’t let the cold weather affect your enjoyment of this new season.
This is the time of year when the birds are chirping, the grass needs to be mowed and the sun is shining! It is also the time of year for spring cleaning. That’s right, spring cleaning to declutter and deep clean your home after a long cold winter of being cooped up. A task that is on most people’s check-list is to clean the windows. And while this isn’t a difficult task, there are some steps that should be followed to ensure that your windows come out crystal clear!
- Window cleaner of your choice. Either a cleaner found at a big box store or a homemade (vinegar and water) solution.
- 3 clean microfiber towels or cloths. Do not use paper towels as they can leave streaks and fibers behind.
- Using your first clean cloth, remove any dust and larger pieces of debris from the window and window track.
- Liberally spray your window with the cleaner of your choice.
- Using the second cloth wipe down your window.
- Take your third clean cloth and wipe down your window once again to completely dry and polish the window.
- If you are going for the gold medal of clean windows use a crumpled piece of newspaper and wipe down your window one last time!
While spending time cleaning your windows this spring, if you notice that the windows in your home could use an upgrade, contact the experts at Window Nation. We offer many different types of replacement windows to choose from including wood windows, vinyl windows and fiberglass; along with many different styles like double hung, bay, sliders or venting.
At Window Nation we have over 35 years of experience and provide thousands of window installations each year giving us the experience and knowledge needed to handle any situation in a friendly, professional and efficient manner. Our technicians have the training and background to answer any of your questions and help you to decide what system and style of replacement window will work best in your home.
Now serving New Jersey, Delaware, Pennsylvania as well as our service locations in Virginia, Maryland and Ohio!
When you choose to install replacement windows in your home, you are making a big decision- one that will benefit you in many ways! With replacement windows in your home, you will improve the look of your home as well as your home’s energy efficiency. Now, keeping those beautiful new windows clean is the tough part! With atmospheric conditions, bad weather and children in your home, keeping your windows clean on the inside and out can be a challenge. To eliminate toxins but still keep your windows clean, here is a great all-natural window cleaning solution for your double hung windows, bow windows or any other replacement windows you may have in your home.
Combine ingredients in a spray bottle; shake well to mix. Spray onto a glass surface and wipe clean with paper towel or cloth. This will last for up to a month, but check it periodically to make sure there is no mold growth in the liquid.
Other natural window cleaning solutions include just plain vinegar and wiping your glass with newspapers to help create a shine that is streak-free.
If you’ve been looking for a way to spruce up your old windows and window cleaners (natural or not!) aren’t cutting it, the professionals at Window Nation can help. With a large variety of windows (including bay windows, venting windows, sliders or even garden windows for a better view of your property), Window Nation can provide help with choosing the right windows and we will provide expert installation. If you need new windows because the ones you have now are drafty, or you’re looking to improve the overall appearance of your home, now is a good time to discuss replacement windows for your home. Contact the professionals at Window Nation for more information on our superior windows for your Ohio, Maryland, VA or DC property.